Do you need help hosting your next golf tournament? Hicke Golf is here to help. If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to contact us.
- DO higher Green Fees always mean the venue is better? Not always. A lot of times private course only have so many days available for events. If you pick a public course you will have more dates available.
- What questions should I ask when searching potential venues? Start with the specific dates you are looking for. From there ask specific tournament services available. Also, how many people can the course accommodate, including banquet space
- When searching for a course ask about course maintenance. When is the course in best shape? Do they have any season maintenance schedule around the time of your event?
- Ask if your course has a rainout policy? Will they refund your money? Will they reserve a secondary date for you? What is considered a rainout? All questions to ask before signing a contract.
- Be sure to ask how much help the course staff will give you? Do they help with setup on course? Are they staffed to help with your guest arrival? Will they help run contest holes? A great course will have a plan in place for all these needs.
- What format should we play? The most common is a 4 person scramble. This is the best format for larger groups. If you have a smaller group, say 60 players or less, you might want to try something like a Shamble or 2 player team Alternate shot.
- On course contest are a great way to spice up your event. Traditional Hole-n-One and Closest to the Pin contest are great but consider some others like Longest Putt or a Closest to the hole from the fairway.
- To help speed up play remember these 3 tips, 1: Bogey Max Score, 2: 2 Putt Max, 3: Limit your field to 120 players.